The ASO Score is a score given by AppTweak that serves as a checklist for new users to easily identify how well an app follows the ASO best practices. Therefore, the score is not an indication of the performance of an app.
On the Metadata tab, you will find the ASO Score of your app and all the competitors you are currently analyzing.
How the ASO Score is calculated
The ASO score is a scale from 0 - 100%. It is calculated by allocating points to certain elements of your metadata. The better each metadata element is optimized, the higher the score. The elements used to compute the ASO Score are:
- App name
- Subtitle (iOS) & Short Description (Android)
- Preview Video (iOS) & Promotional Video (Android)
- App SIze
- Apple Watch (iOS)
- Last release
What do the colors mean?
The ASO score uses three colors to highlight each of the metadata elements of your app:
- Red - indicates the lowest score you can receive. Therefore, you should watch out and try to optimize these elements.
- Yellow - indicates a median score and suggests that there is still room available for improving the metadata field. For example, you can still add some characters to your title or extra screenshots
- Green - suggests this metadata field is well optimized when it comes to ASO best practices.
The ASO Score also allows you to easily compare your app against competitors. When you scroll down you can analyze every single metadata element and compare it with your competitors in one view.