1. What is the SOV and how is it calculated?
The Share of Voice (SOV) represents the percentage of total impressions an App has received in the Search Ads banner of a specific word.
Every day, AppTweak does a search on every keyword and registers the app that appeared in the Search Ads banner for that keyword. It then computes the percentage of Share of Voice for each app that showed on that keyword over the last 90 days.
2. What do the shields mean in the "Organic Keywords" and "Paid keywords" tabs?
- Green = Protected keywords: the keywords on which you are bidding and for which your app has the highest SOV (visibility).
- Yellow = Unprotected keywords: the keywords on which you are not bidding and no other apps are either.
- Orange = Defended keywords: the keywords on which you are bidding but for which your app doesn’t have the highest SOV.
- Red = Attacked keywords: the keywords on which you are not bidding, while some other apps are. Your app is definitely being attacked on these keywords by other apps!
3. Why does AppTweak indicate I am not running any search ads?
AppTweak emulates a wide variety of profiles to simulate searches on the App Store on a daily basis to fetch keyword rankings and discover ads. If you don't see the keywords your app is bidding on, you have likely chosen to target your ads to specific regions, age ranges, or users with specific privacy settings only. As a result, it is possible Apple is not showing your ads to the personas we emulate.